Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Instantly Back in Time

Everybody wants a Polaroid camera (alright, I like to think that because I do), but with the price for film, it's a tough buy. For those that don't know, Polaroid no longer makes the sweet instant cameras we are used to and their warm film. Impossible Project now provides film for Classic Polaroids. It's a steep price though at roughly $24 for only 8 pictures. I just started getting into instant pictures, but I was left to dreaming when I saw that price. As a sixteen year old without a job/ income, there was no way I would be able to buy film.

But then I was on YouTube for some reason looking up reviews for something (iPod covers I think), and came across a really cool channel. This guy is a little weird sometimes (he did a haul, odd for a guy), but other than that he's great! I seriously sat there and watched all his videos (well, almost all). His youtube account is iRaymond, and he's really into photography! Anyways, I found out about Fujifilm's instant cameras this way.

Fujifilm Instax cameras may look like "Fisher Price toys" as I heard someone say one time, but they are a far cheaper alternative to Polaroid. Film for these babies runs about $20 for 20 exposures. Yaaah! Much more affordable! (considering it's only about a $1 or a bit more per each picture) So have a look! These are the two (or three) I desparetly want!

Buy the Fuji Instax 210 Wide Instant Camera at the Photojojo Store!
The Fuji Instax 210 and the Fuji Instax
Mini 25. Both of which can be bought
through Photojojo!
Buy the The Instax Mini 7s and
Mini 25 Instant Cameras at the Photojojo Store!


Buy the Instax Mini 50s Instant Camera at the Photojojo Store!
Fuji Instax 210 Wide Instant Camera: I used to not like the wide picture because it wasn't quite the same as a Polaroid picture. However, after looking at many pictures, I am in love!
Fuji Instax Mini 25 and 50s: I think I might love these little babies even more! The pictures are a bit more in the Polaroid style, but they are much smaller. Film is a bit more, but these photos are so cute! I wouldn't mind having one of these to throw in a purse. :)
P.S. Polaroid does make a new instant camera similar to the ones above and film is a little bit more than a $1 per picture, but I think I'll stick with the Fuji Instax :)



No comments:

Post a Comment